Friday, July 23, 2010
Beauty Sleep ?
(yes, I still have a teddy.haha)
It's Kind of funny when your younger, you think you don't need sleep and you don't mind that 2-3 hours of sleep you had. Then you get older and you hope for that 6-8 hours of sleep. I realized how important sleep it the other day. I was having problems sleeping this past week and decided to GOOGLE what the heck the problem was! So of course I read you need your beauty sleep (lack of sleep can give you heavy bags under your eyes and make your face look discolored and stressed) WHO WANTS THAT?! eww. So,I read that my lack of sleep this past week can be due to 1. stress 2. Caffeine ( I do drink starbucks everyday but never had this problem with my sleep) 3. mattress or pillows need to be replaced..theres so much more if you google it. Well I am now determined to get more sleep especially after reading other things that can happen to you due to the lack of zzzzzz's:
* Impaired mood, memory, and concentration. When you don’t get enough sleep, you’re less productive, not more. Lack of sleep affects your ability to concentrate and remember things. What’s more, it makes you irritable and cranky. As a result, you’re social and decision-making skills suffer
* Dampened immune system. Without adequate sleep, the immune system becomes weak, making you more vulnerable to colds, flu, and other infections and diseases. And if you get sick, it takes you longer to recover.
* Increased risk of accidents. Did you know that driving while seriously sleep deprived is similar to driving while drunk? The lack of motor coordination associated with sleep deprivation also makes you more susceptible to falls and injury.
so, how do we get better sleep ??
To prepare for sleep, try
* Reading a light, entertaining book or magazine
* Listening to soft music
* Making simple preparations for the next day
* A light bedtime snack, a cup of hot tea, or a glass of warm milk
* Hobbies such as knitting or jigsaw puzzles
* Listening to books on tape
Also, If you can’t stop yourself from worrying, especially about things outside your control, take steps to learn how to manage your thoughts. For example, you can reframe why worrying is harmful rather than helpful and practice replacing worrying with more productive thoughts.
and RELAX. Take Deep slow breaths and I noticed when I have a fan going thats usually when I can sleep , no noise just the sound of a fan :)
This actually helped me out a lot by making a blog about it and I have a feeling Im going to be able to sleep well tonight , hope this helped out those who have trouble sleeping. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz